Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

End of 2012

Happy New Year!

2012 has been quite a year. Although I can't for the life of me remember what it was I was doing last New Years. Although my deductive reasoning has made me believe I was probably at home not playing WoW because my laptop was getting fixed and my desktop was in my college dorm room. Strange how my laptop isn't staying fixed. I'm going to be taking it in later. At least this time it's not melting. And since I'm a commuter student I'll still have my desktop. Three cheers for awesome parents, empty basement room, and purple, lime green, and teal paint.

As for WoW. Well, I ran raid finder Dragon Soul enough times to become sick of it. Leveled my death knight to 85, geared her up, fell in love, and made her my new main. I also leveled a mage, which was fun and she's a delight to play dress-up with.

I did take a small break from WoW to play a bit of Diablo 3. I took part in the WoW's annual pass. I figured in all the time I've played I've never really taken a break so committing for a year was no big deal. And I wanted the free mount. And since I got the game for free I thought I should at least play it once. I had a bit of fun but the highest level I reached was level 50. I think I just don't understand how the stats worked very well.

The summer was a blast though. I participated in JD's Mogolympics and a few Laid Back Raids, met Shoryl from Tiny Wow Guild and ran dungeons with her and she helped me get my red protodrake. And I started this blog. I'm not completely sure what I'm doing with it but it's been fun nonetheless.

And of course with Pandaria I managed to get my death knight to 90. And she's done raid finder a few times and is in a new guild with the hope of being able to do some raiding. The guild hasn't been able to get the new raids done but we've completed all the cata, wrath, bc, and classic ones. I also finally got my druid Aritâ to 90. She's given up being a bear and is instead running around as a tree. And a cat. I asked her if she wanted to try boomchicken and she gave me a rather nasty dirty look. I'll take that as a no. But I really enjoy feral and it hasn't changed much but I do have to keep reminding myself that I don't have to mangle stuff now.

It feels strange to try and set goals for WoW but I think making a list of stuff will help me from pulling myself in a million directions and focus on the stuff I really do want to accomplish.

1. Get some pets to level 25. I do enjoy pet battling but I seem to be rather slow at it. I'm hoping that having my druid as my dedicated pet handler will help. Although she seems to get distracted by archeology and running dungeons.

2. Level more toons to 90. I want to get my 85's leveled although I'll have to think hard about which one to level next. I'm leaning towards my rogue because I have a pile of lockboxes waiting to be opened. And I have the delusion that this time I'll get leatherworking maxed.

3. Get more professions maxed. While I only have two 90's I've been working on maxing out my professions. I have Blacksmithing, mining, alchemy, enchanting, and Jewelcrafting maxed and I'm working on skinning, Leatherworking, inscription, tailoring, and herbing. I also want to get cooking and fishing maxed out on my druid and my death knight.

4. Have fun! Meet new people, do stuff with old friends, try new things, and enjoy what I'm doing. It's a game after all!

Next week I should have a new who's that pet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment