Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What's in a Main?

Something that's been bothering me lately has been this question: who is my main?

Maybe it depends on how you define what a main is. If it's the toon with the most play time it would still remain my old night elf druid. But that's not it. For a time she was definitely my main. But she's not anymore.

Maybe it's the toon that I'm currently spending the most time on? But how do you define currently? I've probably spent more time this past week leveling my mage Gastalon then I have on my other toons. But last week I probably spent more time on my hunter. So then my main would be constantly switching.

Purhaps a main is the toon that you identify the closest with. Which leaves me wonder which toon is my favorite?

I started this year confident that I was a human death knight and then transistioning into a blood elf death knight. I was certain that I would be Tyledres for quite some time into the future.

Now I don't know anymore.

Lately I've been Awoi. A hunter. But I never truly chose to become a hunter. I love her. She's awesome. But I something wonder if this is what I really want to play?

I haven't invested the time into taking Awoi places outside of raiding. I haven't soloed many dungeons or raids. I haven't completed any achievements.

But was that because I felt a desperate need to have a max level healer? I've spent quite a bit of time and energy into leveling and getting Kirkzel, my shaman, ready to heal lfr and flex raids. I've been thinking that I want to start collecting achievements, grinding rep, and just trying to accomplish older odd-ball things but that leaves me with an important question. Who do I take for these things?

I know that achievements are shared across toons but rep isn't. Whoever I start grinding rep with is who I'll be staying with.

There's also the question of what toon do I want to play when the next expansion is released. I honestly don't know. And it's driving me batty. I like to have an idea of what I want!

Maybe I should say "hang it all" to all my toons and instant grant my 90 to an undead rogue and be done with it. Or maybe troll druid. /bangs head.

I guess I'm just going to have to keep mulling it over in my mind.

Or I could focus on the here and now and just worry about getting Garrosh killed.

Probably that. Hooray for the hunter buff in the last patch!

2 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way: one human, many characters, all are important to me. Kind of over the whole "main" thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I'm a little over it as well. They are all me just in different ways.

      Delete