Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Booty Bay Run

The following story is being recreated from my memory, because I'm awful at remembering to take screenshots:

I was attempting to get some flex runs on my shaman healer when one my my guildies, let's call him T asked for a favor. T knew that I had alliance toons and wanted to know if I could get the Blastmaster Bombling on the Alliance auction house since it was only 4k gold there while on the horde ah it was 8k.

"Sorry, my Alliance toons are on a different server." I replyed.

"Oh, ok, do you know if it's possible to get gold from horde to Alliance?"

"Well... yeah. But it's not going to be easy." After explaining the details for the only 2 methods I knew for getting gold from the Horde to the Alliance, I said I'd help and would meet his Alliance toon in Booty Bay.

T replied with "I've got a lvl 9 worgen. The worgen are so cool. The Horde should have gotten them. Do you know how I can get him out of Gilneas?"

I should mention that this is a newer player. This level 9 worgen would be the first alliance toon he's probably ever attempted to level. And he's absolutely obsessed with pet battling and is able to make the gold to fund his craving for more pets. Yes, I have some envy. I'll just believe that he's gold making ability is a midas touch and that he doesn't have to share that gold among 11 toons. Anyway... back to the story.

"You can't get him out of Gilneas until you finish the quest zone."

"Ok, well... forget it than. Maybe I'll just wait for R to get back and hope the pet is still there."

"Well... I could make a human and run him to Booty Bay and we can try the transaction that way."

He tried to talk me out of it. But I'll admit, once the idea was in my mind I had to do it. Just how long and how hard could it be to get a level 1 to Booty Bay?

For the next hour, I sent him a play-by-play, of sorts. Thankfully, he didn't mind, it was late enough I needed something to keep my mind busy. He even seemed to think it was funny. Probably went something like this:

Woohoo! First corpse run!
OMG! That worgen just appeared out of nowhere!
It did! It just unstealthed, stunned me, and killed me!
I hate worgens.
I really hate worgens.
OMG! Why are there so many worgens in Duskwoods?
New spirit healer! Horray! I just traveled half the zone in one death
Finally Stranglethorn...
And killed by a panther
and another one
damn, that was the same panther
I hate panthers
They are worse than worgen
Still another panther
Where are they coming from?
OMG! There's murlocs in ST? I was running and saw a murloc appear behind me. But he reached me and ran off.
Pftt... lol. and while I was typing that, a tiger came up and killed me.
Oh! I forgot to grab the flight paths... oh well
Panthers, so freaking annoying.
The raptors aren't scary at all. They dash up and don't actually manage to hit me.
OMG, more panthers.

Anyway, managed to reach Booty Bay 58 minutes and 27 deaths later. I thought it was a respectable time. So it was now time to post something on the ah and I had even completed a quest so I had some pumpkins and 58 copper. Unfortunately those 58 copper weren't enough to post my pumpkin and there was no way to get any cash for a level one in ST and I didn't want to make that run again. So I made another toon. T sent his worgen's meager supply of silver but since we aren't in the same guild, we weren't sure how long the mail would take. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to make a new toon, complete some quests and gather some silver. After half an hour I had 6 silver. What? I was starting from scratch. I sent it all to my level 2 in ST and was finally able to post a pumpkin for 5k gold. That's one overpriced pumpkin.

T was laughing about spending so much on the pumpkin, claimed it was the most expensive one he's bought yet. It was probably 2 am at the point. And than, because it was so tempting, I attempted to punch his level 90 toon with my level 2 one. I missed and got flattened by a booty bay bruiser.

With that mess figured out it was time for me to get my level 2 to Stormwind. That was actually easy. I hearthed back, cried a bit about all the flight paths I didn't pick up, and started running. I got there before the gold reached my mailbox, by almost an hour. I spent a fair amount of time waiting. I also took a peek at the AH, to see if there was anything else interesting there. 6 Soul-traders. 6 of them! Can you imagine? And the cheapest was 130k. Anyway, the gold finally arrived and the goblins took 750 gold from the 5k, so only 4250 actually made it though. Definitely not a cheap method of transferring gold. But there was enough to buy the 4k bomb pet and I was the proud owner for all of a minute before turning it over to T, who tried to pay me but I told him to keep it. I did try to punch him after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment