Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I am death knight

I mentioned earlier that things have been looking grim for my guild and I've been in a bit of a panic trying to figure out what I'm going to do. Well... I'm still not entirely sure what I'll be doing in the future but I've managed to sort out what it is I want in my mind.

As much as I love my hunter, I'm not really a hunter at heart. I love my death knight. Howling blast, army of the dead, two swords. What's not to love? Briege asked if I would consider returning to the Alliance, and it's a question that really deserved some consideration. When I managed to sneak into the OLRG last weekend at the end, I was on my human dk, and that was when I knew I wanted to be a death knight again. But a human one? I took my human to the timeless isle, killed stuff and got some coins, ran a few LFRs, and had a good time. But I still wasn't certain. So this weekend I took my blood elf Tyle out for a spin. I think I might have grinned. I attempted to pug some flex raids. They were bad flex raids, and I was tanking. But it was a blast. I spent forever waiting around just to wipe but there's this thrill of being the last one standing and summoning my army. 

Anyway, I've realized what I want. I want to be a blood elf death knight again. I mean... I have her picture on my banner! And I even drew her! I don't draw just anything. I have to feel pretty motivated. I suppose my answer has been staring me in the face. 

It's odd. I haven't felt motivated by much of WoW for awhile. I log on, raid, log off, play hearthstone. Maybe level something. But track down achievements, solo stuff, pet battle? Nah. No thanks. I just... I like hunter but I don't think I love her. If that makes any sense. Maybe, maybe not. I understand it.

Anyway, I figure the next expansion is still months away. I have time to figure things out. I'm not particularly motivated to do heroics. I would like to kill Garrosh some more and get some BOAs and I'll probably have to accomplish that on my hunter. And I don't mind. I do like her. But I'm also going to attempt to get Tyle some SoO gear. I'll be pugging. I'm terrible at pugging. I never find good groups. So it'll be wait, wait, wipe, wait, wait, wipe, wait, wait, wipe, group calls it. Heh. But I've also got other plans for her.

I want to finish leveling first aid. Yes. That's what I want to do. Then I'll have all the secondary professions leveled on her and get an achievement! I also want to attempt to finally get a netherwing drake. It's a rep grind. I can do it. I must convince myself of that.

I also have goals for my other toons. I have a decent enough tank set on Hortis, my paladin, to attempt to find a Heralds group but I should get her professions leveled and find a toon to cook some grub for her and level my alchemy on another toons to get flasks for Hortis. Leveling professions. Eww. I also want to see if I can get Hortis' healing set up to snuff. Flexibility might help me get a spot. 

I also found some twink friends while on Hortis. They were looking for people to build a level 70 raid group with. It's strict. Lots of rules. But I built a druid to level. She's level 58. I'm really liking twinking and having rules makes it pretty interesting.

So I have a long list of stuff to do this summer and I'm not going to worry just yet about what I will be doing next expansion. It's still some time away. I know my death knight is not up to snuff for anything right now. She's been neglected for some time. But she still feels like the best toon ever, at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment